The Expert Tips & Advice is an interview series with local wedding professionals. We talk about trends, ideas and advice to make wedding planning easier for the couple.
Hands in Harmony | myhih.com | Ad & Contact Info | Facebook
Planning a wedding takes a lot of time, attention and energy. And it can cause a feeling of overwhelm, even stress in your relationships. There are simple and easy ways to relieve that stress and strengthen bonds. Whether it’s a couple or a whole bridal party, Wahneta, of Hands in Harmony, has a passion for helping people relax and connect.
Getting a massage is a great way to slow down and take time for yourself. It’s important to Wahneta, owner of Hands in Harmony, that you’re able to really let go of the tension and anxiety while you’re having your massage or other treatments. As a trained massage therapist, she has over 15 years of experience and also teaches massage at Carlson College, so she’s skilled at what she does. When you come to Hands in Harmony for a spa treatment, Wahneta wants you to enjoy the entire experience.
Wahneta offers these expert tips for getting the most from your massage:
1. Come ready to unwind. Take a few minutes before the start of your message to slow down and get in the right frame;
2. Tell your technician your goal for the session, whether it’s relaxing versus therapeutic, relieving stress and tension, etc. Don’t be afraid to ask for more or less pressure;
3. Afterward, plan to quietly enjoy the rest of your day.
The variety and depth of services that Hands in Harmony offers allow them to specialize and tailor services to each client’s needs. This makes them the perfect place to host your event, whether it’s wedding or corporate. You can choose to bring in your own food or Hands in Harmony can order in food and wine for up to 24 people, and they’ll even set up and serve the meal. Bridal showers hosted at the spa are easy and intimate. A bachelorette spa party is an inclusive way to bring together people of any age for a gathering that is not focused on drinking.
Your relationship can really benefit from couples massage. “It would be great if they came on a regular basis, as it helps them to relax and communicate with each other better.,” says Wahneta. “Once a month would keep their relationship grounded and balanced, while helping them to speak from the heart.”
The most popular package for couples is the Ultimate Couples Massage, which starts with a soak in the private whirlpool for two. This lets the couple really slow down and relax as they have wine, cheese, fruit and chocolate. It’s then followed by massages in one of their eight couples rooms. A massage is more than just a way to relax, it’s a way to reconnect, says Wahneta.
Honeymoon massage tips from Wahneta:
1. Get your “couples honeymoon massage” locally, not at your trip destination. The quality will be much better and it will save you a lot of money;
2. Spa treatments before your honeymoon will help you relax and get in the mindset of vacation;
3. If you’re planning a “staycation” or honeymooning later, a couples massage is a great alternative to a honeymoon. This will allow you to destress after the work that went into the wedding planning process;
4. For couples massages, you’re welcome to drop off special music or flowers before hand to make it extra special.
DIY verses leaving it to the professional:
While a massage from a skilled therapist is great, some couples prefer to learn the skills to continue the relaxation on their own. Hands in Harmony offers classes to teach at-home massage techniques. They can teach you ways to continue the calming process, such as quiet, deep breathing, journaling, self-massage of the hands and feet and show you how to massage your partner without tiring.
A’s to my Q’s: Wahneta says…
Weddings and matters of the heart go hand in hand.
You should never get married without: your best friend.
Electric Slide, Chicken Dance or watching from the bar? Chicken Dance