One Place One Price!
Very Rustic yet fully air-conditioned and gas forced air heating open year round.
We are known for our “You get the Keys” and “No shut down times.”
So Come decorate Friday morning with family and friends, host your rehearsal dinner Friday night, then the bride and bridesmaid’s sleepover in the 1,250 sf Hay Loft condominium. Saturday morning the Hair and Makeup people come to you in the Loft! You have all morning to prepare for Ceremony and then Reception with no shut down time!!! Sunday morning brunch and gift opening.
From lively parties and family gatherings to more intimate occasions, the Palmer House Stable offers an array of venues and services for any style or special event.
Our two levels of restored timbers and stone meeting space provides our guests with the ultimate in versatility.
Allow our creative owner Al Wells and his experienced team of vendors to design a custom or themed event where they will “go out of their way” to make your event your most memorable Historic Event in Iowa’s Oldest Rustic Wedding Stable.
Multiple Days and Overnight
- 2 days 1 night includes Thursday and Friday: 24/7 Access 8am Thursday – Midnight Friday
- 2 days 1 night includes Saturday and Sunday: 24/7 Access 8am Saturday– 5pm Sunday
- 3 days and 2 nights Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Most Popular): 24/7 Access 8am Fri. – 5pm SundayThe Hay Loft Condominium Suite
The Palmer House Stable has an authentic restored fully furnished Loft Condominium with a direct stairway to the main level and lower level event space which is ideal for a Ceremony entrance. The LOFT is fully furnished with all the essentials for a weekend of luxury living which includes an open 2 story loft master bedroom overlooking the great room and kitchen area with a tiled soaking tub and sky lights. An additional ¾ bath on the main level with washer/dryer and all the appliances, dishes, linens, TV, and WI-FI, in 1250 sf.
Buffet Style Seating Reception:
Inside The Stable 184.
Outside on the Stable Terrace 156 guests, a tent may be rented at client’s expense. (Seating may be increased with different configurations)
Combine the two areas and maximum seating capacity is 340.
Inside The Stable Seating 160 guests.
Outside Wedding Terrace Seating 225 guests.
What we include:
- Choice of all Vendors or bring in crock pots it’s all your choice!
- 5’ round (60” needs 90” or 120” table cloth) tables and chairs provided for up to 184, seating 8 guests per table.
- 2 – 6’ Buffet Serving Tables (Need linens for this)
- Two rectangular tables on rollers made from the original barn doors 2’-8” Wide X 7’-0 Long.
- Requires plastic table cover if used for beverages)
- Food Prep Kitchen includes refrigerator, range/oven, tub sink, new freezer chest (For bag ice) counter space.
- All paper products and cleaners, brooms and dust pans, hand soap, garbage cans and plastic garbage bags. Step ladders, hand tools, and fasteners for decorating and set up.
- Two large galvanized metal farm tubs on stands for can beer, pop, and wine bottles. Kegs not allowed.
- Large wood burning fire pit with Red Adirondack chairs.
- 2 Commercial Patio Heaters
- Wireless multi-level wireless I pod/I phone app sound system.
- Stable Terrace 30’ X 60’ with string lights, burlap curtains.