Kelli Fielder & Aaron Troxler: September, 28, 2014
Kelli and Aaron met through mutual friends on April 10, 2010 at a Florida Marlins baseball game and their love only grew from there.
Aaron proposed to Kelli on October 12, 2013 in Key West, Florida. They went to Key West for the weekend to celebrate Kelli’s birthday. They had a fun day on Saturday taking in the sights and activities of Key West, then they went back to their romantic little cottage to get ready for dinner. They were sitting out on their private balcony having a glass of wine before dinner and Kelli asked Aaron what his favorite part of their day was. He responded by saying, “this is my favorite part of our day” – he got down on one knee and asked Kelli to marry him! He totally caught her off guard and surprised her!
They got married on September 28, 2014 at the Powel Crosley Estate in Sarasota, Florida. The Powel Crosley Estate is a Mediterranean revival-style mansion that was built in 1929.
Kelli’s theme was simple but elegant – the Powel Crosley Estate has so much natural character and architecture so she chose not to overdo it with decorating! Their color palette was gray, ivory and a touch of peach. Her bridesmaids all wore different dresses in an ombre of gray.
They have so many memories from their wedding – it was such an amazing day shared with their closest family and friends. Their ceremony and reception was planned to be outside, however the September Florida weather forecast was calling for 60% rain – they had to make a last minute decision on whether to move everything inside. This was such an emotional decision as they felt their vision of their wedding day was falling apart quickly! Going against the advice of their wedding planner, they stuck to their guns to have the ceremony outside but moved their reception inside. It was thundering throughout our entire ceremony and the dark clouds were rolling in above them – as they shared their first kiss and began the processional, it started down pouring rain. Despite changing their plans at the last minute to move the reception inside, everything worked out perfectly! The rain passed and they ended up being able to dance outside!
Their band was amazing and the music throughout their entire wedding day was one of their favorite memories. They had a live acoustic guitar soloist for their ceremony music, a solo saxophonist for their cocktail hour, and full band for their reception. One of Aaron’s most memorable moments was when the band surprised him with the Ohio State “Hang on Sloopy” song. Aaron is originally from Ohio and a big Ohio State Buckeyes fan! Kelli and Aaron’s first dance song: “You & Me” by Dave Matthews Band
Another favorite memory was the “Wine and Love Letter Box” that they incorporated into their ceremony. They wrote letters to each other before their wedding day describing their love for each other. They sealed the letters without sharing them with each other. They placed them in a box with a bottle of wine specially chosen by Kelli’s Dad. They plan to open the wine box and read the letters while enjoying the bottle of wine on their first anniversary. They added a special touch to this by having their parents write letters to them that were also sealed in the box along with theirs. They look forward to reading the letters from their parents on their first anniversary as well!
Another favorite memory was their glow stick send off — they left by boat and their guests sent them off by waving glow sticks!!
One more special touch was that Kelli carried the same bible that her Mom carried down the isle when she married Kelli’s Dad. The small white bible was attached to Kelli’s bouquet.
Their guests also really enjoyed their “station style” dinner, whereby they got to choose from small plates “tapas style” of various foods from shrimp & grits, to filet mignon medallions, to quesadillas.
For their honeymoon, they went to Greece and spent time in Athens, Mykonos and Santorini. They loved it and can’t wait to go back! They went horseback riding, sailing and enjoyed a winery tour in Santorini.
1. Rehearsal Dinner Venue: Van Wezel Performing Arts Center, Sarasota, FL (http://www.vanwezel.org/)
2. Ceremony Venue: Powel Crosley Estate, Sarasota, FL (http://www.bradentongulfislands.com/crosley-estate/)
3. Officiant: Ken Mann, Priest at First Baptist Fort Lauderdale
4. Reception Venue: Powel Crosley Estate
5. Bride’s Gown: Bellisima Bridal, Deerfield Beach, FL (http://bellissimabride.com/)
7. Hair & Makeup: Hair by Erik Alan Davis Salon, (http://www.erikalandavis.com/)
Makeup by Lejuene Hair and Makeup Artistry (http://www.lejeuneartistry.com/)
8. Rings: JR Dunn, Pompano Beach, FL (http://jrdunn.com/)
9. Florist: Elegant Designs, Sarasota, FL (https://www.elegantdesignflowers.com/)
10. Décor & Rentals:
11. Wedding Coordinator: Unique Weddings and Events (http://designedbyunique.com)
12. Invitations & Stationery: A&P Designs, St. Petersburg, FL (http://apdesignco.com/)
13. Caterer: Good Food Catering Company, Tampa, FL (http://www.goodfoodtampa.com/)
14. Cake: Cakes by Ron, Sarasota, FL (http://cakesbyron.com/)
15. Entertainment: Matt Winter Band (http://mattwinterband.com/)
16. Transportation: Captain Frank at Custom Private Charters (http://www.privatecustomcharters.com/)
17. Hotel Accommodations: Hyatt Regency Sarasota (http://sarasota.hyatt.com)
18. Honeymoon (Agency): Zicasso and Asimina Tours (http://www.zicasso.com/)
19. Photographer: Justin DeMutiis Photography (http://justindemutiisphotography.com)
20. Videographer: Randall Productions (http://www.randallproductions.com/)